• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual 1009 Automatic Spindle

Randy Bassham

Active Member
While I was looking for something else today I came across the tall automatic spindle for my Dual 1009. Of course it's missing the small rubber pieces that hold up the records while the bottom one drops. Does anyone know a source for these little rubber bits or has anyone successfully made replacements and if so what material did your use?
 
Register to hide this ad
I used some pieces of leather shoe lace to attempt a repair of mine and it works so-so.

I have been meaning to go to the hardware store and find some bits of neoprene of some kind (that's what the originals were made of) and try that but I just haven't done it yet.

Of course, the trick is to get all three to project exactly equally so the records get supported evenly and don't droop anywhere. Records that aren't evenly balanced don't help either.

I don't know of any source for ready-made ones.

Doug
 
Back
Top Bottom