• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual 1019 Motor Lower Bearing Assembly Disaster....Help

racfan9

Super Member
Hey Everyone...Well last night I was taking apart the motor on my 1019 and after drilling out the three rivets I accidentally let the lower bearing components fall to the floor, (check the pic for what I've found so far) my main concern is the small disk that sets in the bottom of the motor housing, if I can't find this piece is there some options out there I can replace it with?

Thanks,
racfan9
 

Attachments

  • 11DF93C6-F033-4F2C-973B-66DD05F8BA22.jpeg
    11DF93C6-F033-4F2C-973B-66DD05F8BA22.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 48
Register to hide this ad
should be able to sub a piece of Delrin for the bottom disc. It serves as the thrust washer.
 
should be able to sub a piece of Delrin for the bottom disc. It serves as the thrust washer.
Delrin might not work, as that bottom thrust pad is made of bronze or something like bronze.
The OP is going to need to find the one he lost or score one from another Dual motor.
 
Thanks for the replies, I just got back from my shop searching all the nooks and grannies for this disk but come up empty. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of this thing, and do all the Dual motors utilize this disk?
 
I think, but I'm not sure, that I used the thrust pad from a 1218 motor in a 1229Q's motor. If I did, it works fine, if this is any help.
 
So where would be a good source for Delrin, and how easy is it to work with?

Plastics suppliers; search your local area. The amount you need is just scrap so maybe you can ask for an off cut or sample. It's basically similar to nylon and/or really dense plastic. Not hard to cut or shape though a bit fiddly.
 
Randomly enough, I came across a chunk of Delrin today at the shop. If you strike out I can perhaps cut a bit off to send to you.
 
Back
Top Bottom