• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual 1218 & Dual 1219

ohiomike

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Howdy all- Noob here from Ohio.

My question is this-

Are parts from a Dual 1219 interchangeable with parts on a 1218?

I have an 1218 and during storage a few parts became mysteriously broken and I found a 1219 for sale for parts.

I also stumbled across a Dual 522 direct drive that seems to be working nicely.

Anyone?

thanks!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Some parts interchange between the 1218 and 1219, but they have different dimensions.

If it were me, and assuming it works as it should, I would get the 1219. Even if it needs a bit of work, I would take it over the 1218. If it needs anything that is on the 1218, take the parts from it then sell the 1218 to someone else who needs parts. Forget the 522. Play records and enjoy it.
 
PM me and I will send you a copy of a rebuild manual for the 1219. They are great TTs once restored.
 
The smaller dimension is not a totally bad thing. The 1019 will fetch a decent penny these days, and they are in the same base size as a 1218. But the 1218 is not as desireable or worth as much as a 1219 or 1019. It is not a bad machine, just not the best combination of all things.
 
Well, didn't get the 1219. But I do have the 1218 and just picked up a nice Marantz 2238 receiver.
 
Back
Top Bottom