• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual 1219 motor oil/grease question

gkargreen

Well-Known Member
Hi everyone, I am in the midst of rebuilding a Dual 1219 using the document posted for going thru and doing it right. Got the frozen speed lever working great now and, following the instructions, am on to the motor now. I have it apart and note that it uses sleeve bearings, not roller bearings as intimated in the instructions, and there is/was some blackish, greasy stuff on the bottom portion of the motor shaft, which I cleaned off. The instructions say to use 10W30 motor oil for the bearings, filling the felt cups on each ends and then a little on the shaft ends, however there is no felt cups as there are no roller bearings. So the question is what should I use on the sleeve bearings, 10W30 motor oil, lithium grease, or what? The instruction document had not anticipated this style of Dual motor. Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom