• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Dual 1219 - Tonearm height adjustment

smgvinyl

New Member
Page 8 of the Dual 1219 Service Manual references a "bushing nut" in the adjustment instructions adjacent to Fig. 11, which shows the proper tonearm height relative to the tonearm rest.

What is the "bushing nut" referred to?

I am completing a 1219 refurbishment (including tonearm replacement) and the tonearm is significantly lower than the height shown in Fig. 11. I am trying to figure out how to accomplish the adjustment.

Thanks for your help.
 
Register to hide this ad
OK, I would still like to know what this refers to (the knurled knob on the cueing piston?), but I discovered this whole adjustment procedure works only if you have a cartridge mounted and the tonearm properly balanced. Everything looks good now.
 
You might try over at Vinyl engines Dual Forum. I am currently at the same point in my restoration of a 1219. This is the same adjustment you will need to do to ensure proper auto cue function. I may report this over there my self since I have a little time.
 
Back
Top Bottom