• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual 1228 dropped by...

westend

Audiopile
A gent dropped off a Dual 1228 with Ortofon VMS3e cart (lacking stylus). The previous owner built an oak plinth for the Dual. The TT is in pretty good cosmetic condition. I'll be trying to put it through the paces in the next couple of days. Is it advisable to buy a new stylus for the Ortofon or should I just get a newer cart?

Does anyone have any maintenance tips for the 1228?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 28
Register to hide this ad
I have an orto on my 1229 I like it. I would grab a stylus for it.
Nice looking TT and I like the plinth. Congrats on the pickup.
 
Back
Top Bottom