• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Dual 502 or Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon

Ethan Creer

New Member
Hey, I was just wondering which turntable is better, the Dual 502 or the RPM-1 Carbon. Both have Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridges. The dual looks exceptionally clean. Can't wait to hear what you people think!
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a 502 that I picked up at a hamfest for next to nothing, with a Shure M91... They can have a problem with the motor starting at the proper speed and locking in,,, some folks replace teh motor with a newer model,,, I modified mine with a diode and resistor, and it works fine... I like the TTa lot...
 
Where did you get the idea for the diode and resistor? has it been reliable since you moded it? EDIT: Sorry I meant that for Knockbill.
 
Last edited:
Here ya go...http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=47775

Pics one and two are the diode resistor fix,,, Three is the 5second timer that takes them out of the circuit after the motor locks into speed,,, It's necessary if you get audible hum out of the TT motor with the DCV now injected... mine is quiet...
 

Attachments

  • P1210001.JPG
    P1210001.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P1210003.JPG
    P1210003.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 17
  • P1310003.JPG
    P1310003.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 16
That is something you need to decide for yourself. We all hear differently. Audition the tables in question. See what YOU like, then tell us
 
Back
Top Bottom