• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual CS-1257

isawyoushine

great fisherman
I am looking at a new turntable I currently have a Marantz TT1060. In your opinion is a Dual CS-1257 a better turtable than a Marantz TT1060?
The one I am looking at has the original cart and needle, all is in like-new condition.
When were these made? I have seen them with a wood finish and in black, this is the wood finish, looks 70s. Is this belt driven?
Any price guidelines?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have fixed a few, and even owned one I had gotten off of FreeCycle.
Could not put my finger on why, but I thought that it just sounds aweful when compared to other Dual.
And the build quality is a joke. The motor is mostly plastic and has no provision for retaining oil around the bushings.
Perhaps I am a snob, and shutter at the sight of plastic turntable parts, but my ears know what my ears know.

Funny thing is that the CS-5000 seems to sound quite decent, but has enough plastic to make a Smart Car.
 
Last edited:
It's belt driven and dates to 1981 or so. The 1258 and 1268 were the last Dual changers ever made.

Fixed that for you... :)


isys: Not really much better, I'd say. Hence I'd suggest to look into a different Dual model instead - preferably one that hasn't got the disadvantage of sporting one of the two proprietary ULM mount types.


Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Back
Top Bottom