• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual CS505-1 Cartridge Question

BPFisch

Active Member
I'm looking for a second cartridge to play around with on my Dual CS505. It's the first series version and so needs the adaptor to use a traditional 1/2 mount cart and I've got that with a decent Astatic MF cartridge on it now.

I was wondering what carts might work on this without the adaptor. I know Ortofon made a series of carts for the Dual tables that mounted to the heads without the adaptor plate, so I guess I'm wondering what those carts were so I can be on the lookout for one.

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Well, your 505-1 should have the 2nd generation Dual ULM mount, which requires Dual's ULM cartridges with the prefix "TKS". These were made for Dual by several manufacturers - for example, Shure made the TKS390E/380E, Ortofon the TKS60E/55E/52E/49S and Audio Technica the TKS236/237 and the TKS MCC120.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Back
Top Bottom