Does anybody know if there is a master list of Dual turntable models that share the same plinth footprint? It’d be nice to be able to know plinth compatibility among the entire vintage lineup.
I don't think anyone has put together a list, maybe inside a few folks heads it might exist.
There is a large and a small frame. 1019 vs 1219 is the easy comparison. All the others fall into one of the two, based on frame. Not all the 12xx use the large frame, but all the 10xx models do.
I don't think the belt drives use the same base cutout. Just the idlers. If I'm wrong someone will chime in and we can both learn.
The 10XX series and earlier small chassis 12XX (1209-1218) use the same cutout.
Keep in mind some of the United Audio plinths use a thin masonite top. These don't hold up too well especially trying to support a 7lb 1019 platter for 50+ years.
The 10XX series and earlier small chassis 12XX (1209-1218) use the same cutout.
Keep in mind some of the United Audio plinths use a thin masonite top. These don't hold up too well especially trying to support a 7lb 1019 platter for 50+ years.
You might reach out to FixMyDual for information. I got a wooden plinth from there for my 721. Not sure what fits what in that series, but I do enjoy their wooden plinths
Models above the 1229 in the 12xx series are not the same families. I doubt they will fit. If you're looking at the classic idlers, 1219 and 1229 are full size. 1218 any below are small factor like the 1019.