• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dumb cell phone question - dowloading photos

I s'pose I oughta read the dang directions. The phone came with a palm-sized 189 page manual in tiny print. :rolleyes:

Visit the Samsung website, all manuals are avalible as PDF files, you can enlarge it on you screen for easy viewing. It gives you step by step instructions to pair and send files to a computer via Bluetooth.

Also mass storage options may not be an option presented to you when you connect the USB cord if you do not have a SD card installed.
 
The samsungs have a connectivity setting in the menu. Two choices on my now-dead Impact. IIRC, PC Studio and Mass Storage Device. Choose MSD and the computer should find it, just like any other flash drive.

Bingo! Menu/Settings/Connectivity/USB has a setting for Mass Storage Device. I can see all my photos from my computer screen and I'm setting up a folder right now to transfer them into. Thank you sir!

Re the manual: I guess you have to know where to look, because there was nothing under Photos in the manual for this phone. If I had only known to look under Connectivity, or File Transfer. A human would have put a cross reference in the instructions for using the camera. :D
 
Good for you toxcrusador!
I tried to follow your menu/settings etc and I don't have connectivity on my phone. I also don't have the cord anymore, so I can't try the driver update unless I buy another cord. I think I'll need to look at another way of getting my pics off.
 
My photos are on the card only up through March. I can't see anything since then through the PC. Apparently when my phone was lost, replaced and then found a couple months ago, all my old pics came over with the card, but it was then set to save them to the Phone not the Card. After poking around I don't know how to get those pics off the phone itself.

Getting there though!
 
Good for you toxcrusador!
I tried to follow your menu/settings etc and I don't have connectivity on my phone. I also don't have the cord anymore, so I can't try the driver update unless I buy another cord. I think I'll need to look at another way of getting my pics off.

The cord happens to be the same one that adapts some digital cameras to USB. In case you have one of those. Also mine uses the same cable to charge the phone. The USB end of it plugs into the wall adaptor. YMMV.
 
My photos are on the card only up through March. I can't see anything since then through the PC. Apparently when my phone was lost, replaced and then found a couple months ago, all my old pics came over with the card, but it was then set to save them to the Phone not the Card. After poking around I don't know how to get those pics off the phone itself.

Getting there though!

check all the folders . they will be hiding somewhere .otherwise you should be able to move them to card in phones menu .
 
I have an cheap cell phone, I only text, make calls and take photos with it. I choose the picture, select send and highlight my email address. Then I open the photo on my computer and save it to my picture photo.
 
I have an cheap cell phone, I only text, make calls and take photos with it. I choose the picture, select send and highlight my email address. Then I open the photo on my computer and save it to my picture photo.

I have a similar phone functionally, and mine will do that too, but the question was what to do when you have 100 of them. That's rather tedious. :yes:

petehall, I will check around but I did not see any menu selections allowing me to move files from phone to card. The only folders showing on my computer screen over the USB connection are the ones on the card, apparently.

EDIT: Oh wait, found it, under My Stuff, Pictures I can select them and Move to Card. Hoorah. :thmbsp:
 
After poking around I don't know how to get those pics off the phone itself.

Getting there though!
You may be able to get at those other pictures by shutting the phone off, removing the memory card, and powering it back up. After that, reconnect it to the computer. It is important to shut the phone off before removing the card. Just removing the memory card may make the phone say "eeek" (no, wait, :eek: - there, that's better) and do Something Bad.

With any kind of luck, the phone's internal memory will then show up where the memory card had before.

EDIT: Oh wait, I see you got it solved. Good deal.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom