• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dumb Newbie Question

Johnny Salam

JohnnySalami
I've been going through my stuff and among my other recievers from the early to late 70s I've got a Marantz 2015. Then I saw a pair of Marantz Imperial 5 G speakers for sale. If I wanted to set up a vintage system, would these be a good match?

Thanks ever so much.
 
Register to hide this ad
I forgot to mention thay I have a pair of the later AR 2AXs in sad condition but complete with a spare crossover and midrange that's somewhere in the pile. In addition I have 1 pair eack on AR 2X, 5 and 8 cabinets. The verneer is good, the grilles and some controls.
 
I forgot to mention thay I have a pair of the later AR 2AXs in sad condition but complete with a spare crossover and midrange that's somewhere in the pile. In addition I have 1 pair eack on AR 2X, 5 and 8 cabinets. The verneer is good, the grilles and some controls.

If you mean by "sad condition", that the speaker surrounds are shot, that's no real problem, as they can be easily replaced for about $10 each if you're the least bit handy.

If cones, etc. are shot, maybe our speaker guru, GordonW can give you a bit of advice on what to do.

Harvey/ Ga
 
Back
Top Bottom