flasher1
Active Member
Hey All,
I was recruited to assist a friend get his old Sylvania console stereo's turntable going again.
I went thru the process of cleaning the turntable of old hardened grease etc and re-lubing. I was able to get all the auto functions working again.
The owner asked me to pickup a new needle for him which I did.
After installation of the stylus, I noticed that the stylus had collapsed and the cartridge holder was dragging on the LP. Tried another spare needle, I bought two, and it did same.
After doing some research I noticed that similar cartridges had a small flat rubber piece in the cartridge that seemed to support the stylus and it was missing on the Sylvania turntable. This is most likely the problem, I suspect.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
:thmbsp:
I was recruited to assist a friend get his old Sylvania console stereo's turntable going again.
I went thru the process of cleaning the turntable of old hardened grease etc and re-lubing. I was able to get all the auto functions working again.
The owner asked me to pickup a new needle for him which I did.
After installation of the stylus, I noticed that the stylus had collapsed and the cartridge holder was dragging on the LP. Tried another spare needle, I bought two, and it did same.
After doing some research I noticed that similar cartridges had a small flat rubber piece in the cartridge that seemed to support the stylus and it was missing on the Sylvania turntable. This is most likely the problem, I suspect.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
:thmbsp: