• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dusl 1237 platter cupped?

flasher1

Active Member
Has anyone ever put a straightedge across the top of a platter? I did that on a Dual 1237 today and was surprised to see how much lower the platter was in the center.
Can anyone with a Dual 1237 put a 12” ruler across the platter and let me know what you find. The platter on this 1237 has the strobe marks on the outside edge.
Many thanks,
 
Register to hide this ad
It's supposed to be cupped so the only thing touching the platter is the center of the record and the outer edge. It saves the playing groove that way.

Doug
 
That's the way it is with my Dual 1229. Last time I checked, the center of the platter cleared the straightedge by something like 3/16".
 
That's the way it is with my Dual 1229. Last time I checked, the center of the platter cleared the straightedge by something like 3/16".
That’s measured on the top of the platter or mat? And thank you for checking.
If that is the case l, I guess the arm is not descending properly.
 
Back
Top Bottom