• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DVD recorders as audio recorders

PMARTEL

Member
It really does amaze me as to how far we've come with home audio recording equipment. My 1st real audio recorder was mY Alpage AL110 cassette deck bought in 1980, from there I bought my Sony Beta Hi-Fi machine (an SLHF400) which I still have & works. In the 90's as Beta was a dying breed, I bought my 1st VHS Hi-FI machine. A Sears machine made by Sanyo. This had killer sound until it died & bought another Sanyo which was pretty close. Recently I was in the U.S and spotted a Sylvania dvd recorder for $50US at a local Sears store in Niles, Ohio. I got a gut feel & sure enough I was right. I'm notoriously bad for recording radio broadcasts from FM & have a pack of VHS tapes that will choke a horse or two. I decided to hook in my FM tuner to record a broadcast. I am NOT disappointed. It does take a bit to get used to a digitized analog FM broadcast , but it is all there. Bonus, I get a great picture when I record tv shows. I love the convenience factor as far as the smaller storage is concerned. Here is a great way to transfer prized vinyl to an archival format. Extended recording time is a bonus just like in the days of reel-reel. I guess this is now the wave of the future in home recording if you don't have a computer. At 50 years old I am humbled
 
Register to hide this ad
They're really nice and easy, too.. Just hit record, and it creates a new thing on the disk.. If you find a model with a hard drive, you don't even have to worry about the disks. Hit record, and later, you can burn as many copies we like. At my school, we've moved event recording to these harddrive-based DVD recorders, from VHS. It's great :)
 
Back
Top Bottom