• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

dynaco A 350 speakers

666mojo

Member
I picked up a pair of dynaco A 350 speakers from an older gent off c.list after getting a pat 4 from an old friend never new abought dynaco ! And I can't find any info on them !! The pat 4 says Phila 19121 PA and the speakers ! Say 110 Shawmut Road Canton.Mass 02021 what the heck these are 44 inches tall and look like my B.I.C sound span speakers but 3 times as big ! Any info anybody ??? Oh on back of the one woofer its says oct 29 1979 6.8.0. 1118 THANX
 
Register to hide this ad
The a150, a250, a350 dynacos came after what is generally considered dynaco's classic period of speaker building. They were not made in Denmark and contain no Seas or ScanSpeak components, using instead a hodge-podge of OEM stuff. The woofers were, I think, Becker, the tweeters, Polydax, and the mids, as best I can recall, were Japanese. I briefly owned a pair of whichever of these is the three-way with the ten inch woofer, the a250 I think. I remember them as sounding pretty good.
 
Are these them?

Dynaco_A350.jpg


Dave
 
Yes sir those are just like mine I picked them up for a bill ! Their super clean couldent find any info on them .was starting to think they were phonies but to much work went into them !
 
Dynaco A350 speakers

Well i had to re glue the woofer on one of the speakers after drying for a day and a half i hooked em up thinking they wouldn't be all that great not having any components from Denmark as the loved A25"s( i believe they are ) and wow i love them they Hella Jamm ! good bass from a wimpy looking Magnet on the 10 and a 10 passive woofer The top end is sweet to for 100$ speaker set i feel super lucky :thmbsp:
 
I have a pair of the A-250's and I really like them

Picked up a pair of A-250's at the local GW for about $20 the pair, figuring that given they're Dynaco they should sound pretty good, and looking at the components i figured if the tweeters alone were still good, it would be worth the $twenty.
I'm very, very pleased with them - I keep the mids at about seated ear-level and find that they have very excellent imaging - those Polydax tweeters to my ears are very, very fast - giving an excellent reproduction of jazz cymbals, violin, female vocals, jazz organ... can't fault them on any level. They may not have been from Dynaco's heyday, but if you can find a pair of the A-250s, I'm quite sure you'll find they will reveal the details very musically in your favourite source materials.
Plenty of solid low bass, as well.

The only problem with mine is that one of the rubber surrounds has split radially just a little bit, and the rubber is showing the evolution of a crack at the "elbow" where the surround roll meets the face of the speaker frame basket. I'm going to research here how I might fix that... I'm thinking of trying rubber cement and a layer or two from one of those thick black children's balloons - the type that you can inflate to about 5' across - they're pretty sturdy.
 
this will be boohooed but the use of silicone lubricant could save the rubber. Ive used motorcraft the one that is used to extend rubber longevity as well as lubricate metal parts.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom