• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dynaco A25 Classic questions

Grady Cain

Batterista
Subscriber
Do any of you out there have any experience with the more modern, post 1991 Panor/Dynaco A25 Classic speakers? What are your pros/cons/comparisons to the real vintage, Danish-made A25s and what value should be assigned to these newer ones in excellent condition? Lots of questions I know! Thank you in advance...
 
Register to hide this ad
The earliest Dynaco speakers used Scanspeak drivers, later going exclusively with SEAS drivers. Panor stuff used.....?????........and are not sot after by many Dynaco fans.
 
Thank you for your response. The seller had them listed as "Vintage Dynaco A25 Speakers" but when I looked at them closer, I noticed the different drivers and port configuration so I started asking more questions. Turns out they are the A25 Classic models made in the Panor years some time after 1991. Hardy "vintage." Can't really find a ton of info or reviews on them so I figured I would reach out here. They are in excellent condition and he's asking $350/pair but I am looking for the true vintage Dynaco A25s with the Scanspeak drivers. Much appreciated man...
 
Are those Panor speakers made in New Jersey?

I am not sure. Is that a good or bad thing? The seller just contacted me this morning and told me that he's pretty certain he has an early set of A25s in storage that he will part with. Stay tuned... In the mean time, I just picked up a set of Advent large cabinet speakers this morning in beautiful condition. Hopefully, I will get the call that the Dynaco guy found the set of early A25s...
 
I seem to remember some speakers being built in Cliffwood.....isn't that in NJ? Anyway, maybe not important. Why do you want the Dynaco with Scanspeak drivers? I think the brains at Dynaco switched over to SEAS (made in Norway) and most of the Dynaco sales were using these drivers, also easier to get replacement tweeters and woofers if you need them.

I have the upscale A25XL (2 sets), which has a higher performance tweeter and a higher power handling woofer. These also have a 3 position tweeter control rather then the 5 position control of the A25.
 
I'm not sure why my forum was moved to 'dollars and sense' as the nature of my original post was regarding pros/cons of performance and quality of components rather than value...
 
I have 2 pairs, both with the Seas drivers. One pair has issues, but the other pair to me are amazing. For my ears, they are the best sounding speakers I've ever owned.
 
I seem to remember some speakers being built in Cliffwood.....isn't that in NJ? Anyway, maybe not important. Why do you want the Dynaco with Scanspeak drivers? I think the brains at Dynaco switched over to SEAS (made in Norway) and most of the Dynaco sales were using these drivers, also easier to get replacement tweeters and woofers if you need them.

I have the upscale A25XL (2 sets), which has a higher performance tweeter and a higher power handling woofer. These also have a 3 position tweeter control rather then the 5 position control of the A25.[

I had a pair of newer Dynaco’s from the late 70’s that were made in Blackwood NJ. They were 3 ways with French made mids (open backed in a tuned cup) and dome tweeters. They had nice robust 10” woofs with rubber surrounds which looked American made to me (though I’m not sure about that) and removable grill frames held in with pegs. They didn’t appear to have anything in common with the older Danish models but they sounded pretty decent.
 
Back
Top Bottom