• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dynaco A25 Musings

I was surprised by that when I pulled the woofers out.....they're very lightweight.

:yes:

Hard to believe all the great sound/bass these lightweight woofers put out :yikes:

Compared to my 18 lb AR 3a woofers they seem tiny. But boy do they sound great and have one of the best bass outputs of any speaker I've owned. Of course my 3a's go deeper and are better bass but it's nowhere near the difference in weight/size of the drivers.

Interesting "bypass" idea with that 1 uF addition. I can't hear anything over ~ 14 kHz so I don't think it would make any difference to me. :scratch2:
 
I have seen some old speakers where the dome tweeter works but the output is just way low compared to what it was. I have 2 pair of A25s I got from my brother. They were both very gently used and sound wonderful with the original tweeters and crossovers. What I did find was that if you remove the friggin' metal cover ont he dome tweeter, you get rid of all kinds of nasty diffraction. Then you apply a ring of foam weather sealing tape, or thick felt, around the perimeter of the dome to further reduce diffraction. This leaves you with a better sounding speaker, with great imaging. Read about the foam trick in Audio. God, I miss that magazine...

Everyone please note that dr*audio has since retracted removing the grill as it helps hold the tweeter together. I know this is an old thread, but no one should be led astray in doing this.
 
Back
Top Bottom