• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dynaco A25 replacement doesn't fit

dbuz

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi all. I purchased replacement drivers for my A25's without doing proper due diligence. Turns out that the 25 TV-EW woofers don't fit in the cabinet that originally contained Scan-Speak 509119 S woofers.
Any advice? I'm already way further into this project money wise than I planned to be. Pics below.
1000003448.jpg1000003449.jpg1000003450.jpg1000003451.jpg1000003452.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
There's folks like Van L Speakerworks and others that re-cone drivers.
Thanks. I'm going to a local place in the morning and if they can't do it I'll give them a call. I'd honestly prefer to use the original drivers, since they're apparently pretty damn rare. Just wish I hadn't bought the replacements.
 
There are two types of woofers for the A-25.
Seas or ScanSpeak

The speakers sound the same, they say, but you want a matching woofer to fit your box, as you can see.

Someone needs your extra woofer and you should be able to find the other type.
 
There are two types of woofers for the A-25.
Seas or ScanSpeak

The speakers sound the same, they say, but you want a matching woofer to fit your box, as you can see.

Someone needs your extra woofer and you should be able to find the other type.
The Scan Speaks seem to be very rare. I haven't seen any for sale, but the Seas are common. Now that I have woofers that don't fit, if I can't get the broken one reconed, I think I'll end up buying the modern replacements, which I didn't want to do.

I thought about busting out the router/dremel to make the Seas fit. Also thought about cutting the screw holes/ears off the Seas and just gluing the damn things in.

The A25's are a part of my daughter's wedding gift, otherwise I'd just put them aside and wait for the right driver to show up.
 
I think your A25's might be on the rare side because the vent is on the top. I know there were several different versions over the years.
 
Back
Top Bottom