• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dynaco A25

HeyJB

Active Member
I recently acquired a pair of Dynaco A25's (Scanspeak version). One speaker has noticeably weaker low end than the other. I tested them side-by-side with 2 separate receivers, using every combination of speaker terminals and speaker wires. I haven't yet tried to swap the woofers.

Could this be a crossover issue or is it likely a problematic woofer? Anything else I should consider?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a pair of A-35s that had the same problem. Turned out one of the woofers was toast. You may have to pull it from the cabinet to test it, and it may very well be glued in, requiring some careful prying with a lever of some sort like a flat head screwdriver
 
Back
Top Bottom