• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dynaco confirmation please??

3kitty

Super Member
Hi,

I know there are MANY Dynaco aficionados here on AK.

I own a pair of A25XL's and a pair of A35's....I had an accident (long story....involved a cat) with the A35's.

One speaker got jarred pretty bad and the woof/voice coil is shot (seized).

My tech (30 years experience) said it can not be salvaged.

I have read some conflicting information doing my research and I am hoping some here can verify what is in fact true.

My reading has suggested the woof assembly on the 25 and 35 are the same.
But have also read some conflicting information in this regard...although it seems there is more agreement on the fact that they are the same.

Can anyone here verify this for me?

Because if they are the same that sure simplifies this.....I have access to an original fully functioning pair of A25's that are reasonably priced and I would grab them and use them as a donor pair for my A35.

Then part out and sell the rest.

Thanks for your help!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Not sure - I know the A25XLs had different tweeters than the original A25, so the woofers may be different too. Maybe at least similar enough to be a good fit for the A35s.
 
Thanks....to be clear I would not use my 25XL's as the donor ....I would use a "regular" A25 for this.

I have access to a pair....all original and functionally excellent.

I would use these as the donor if suitable.

Just to clarify!
 
Oh, the regular A25. Yes, I'm pretty sure that woofer is a drop-in replacement in the A35.
 
They may look alike, but will they have the same T/S parameters? The A25 woofers look like the A50 woofers but as far as I know they are different.
 
Early A25s used Scanspeak woofers and tweeters. Both look somewhat different from the later Seas units that were used in far greater numbers. You probably already know this...

You would not be able to use an A50 woofer if one were available. They look identical from the front, but were 16 ohms.
 
Early A25s used Scanspeak woofers and tweeters. Both look somewhat different from the later Seas units that were used in far greater numbers. You probably already know this...


Well I just learned this today.

Yes the donor pair I was looking at has the older version.....6 screws with the little "ears".
What I need and my A35 has is the 8 screws through the basket version.

....which coincidentally is the same as my A25XL has.

Confusing sometimes!! :)
 
Back
Top Bottom