• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dynaco Stereo 150 Biasing

goldswimmerb

Failed out of engineering, but look at me now!
Subscriber
Hey guys, so i was looking around on this model and saw that the stock bias value is defined as 75ma on the B+ side, I noticed that the Boak-Jung mod defined a 300ma bias at a higher rail voltage, and the stock draw value of 75ma sounds low to me, especially considering the heatsinks don't even get warm. I have also heard from some that, stock, many Dynaco SS amps were "chronically under biased", is there any truth to that?

I was thinking about setting it to about 150ma, as at that point the heatsinks are warm at idle but nowhere near concerningly hot.

Any thoughts?

normally I wouldn't consider changing the bias, but it seems to be a common change on these.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom