• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Early Electrohome

krimney

Super Member
Picked this up today at Goodwill

It is an Electrohome s-610

Label on the bottom says it was built by Bill Bard (original red ink signature) and tested by Ed Sloemm (stamped signature)

Tag also has 54-19-01 so I'm guessing this unit is mid 50s.

has tape in/out and phono in with one set of speaker jacks.

Schematics on bottom, and the finish is Nat Walnut,

The lady at GW said it was sold and returned cuz it wouldn't work. I'm hoping they just forgot to hook up speakers. If not I bought a nice walnut paper weight.

It is cool looking though. VERY RETRO
 
Register to hide this ad
Originally posted by krimney
Picked this up today at Goodwill

It is an Electrohome s-610

Label on the bottom says it was built by Bill Bard (original red ink signature) and tested by Ed Sloemm (stamped signature)

Tag also has 54-19-01 so I'm guessing this unit is mid 50s.

has tape in/out and phono in with one set of speaker jacks.

Schematics on bottom, and the finish is Nat Walnut,

The lady at GW said it was sold and returned cuz it wouldn't work. I'm hoping they just forgot to hook up speakers. If not I bought a nice walnut paper weight.

It is cool looking though. VERY RETRO

Congratulations on your new paperweight!
 
Is it tube or SS? No reference for size. From the looks of the design, it could be from about the same period as a Grundig 250 I have which also was designed when circles were (whenever that was). The knobs look like those from many Japanese radios of the 60s so I suspect it is not from the 50s. If tubes, what are they? Possibly an art deco piece?
 
That will be a solid state piece from the mid 1960's. It was sold around the same time as the Electrohome space dome sets that are all the rage with collectors/retro decorators these days.

BTW what is the address for that Goodwill Store?
 
paperweight

Yes it is a solid stae.

I hooked up a set of speakers an got nothing. It does seem to tune though. When I move the tuning dial the stereo light goes on and off but I get no noise from the speakers.

Might put it on ebay and see if anyone wants it. if it were a marantz, the wood cabinet would be worth a flat of beer.

speaking of beer, I enjoyed a Guiness tonight at the Irish Center,

Happy St. Paddy's day to you all.
 
Back
Top Bottom