• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EAW horn drivers, Altec, Klipsch, B&C

2020

Active Member
Anybody have any experience with EAW horn drivers and horns, specifically the CD5001 driver? My Google search for them turned up a little, but not much. I know they were mainly PA equipment, but have found some such equipment to be quite musical. My frame of reference is Altec A7 VOTT, early Klipschorn and La Scalla, early University, and early Elctro-Voice. If you are familiar with these, you get the idea.

Does anyone familiar with them have an opinion how they compare to Altec Voice of the Theatre speakers, including the 802 drivers and 811 and 511 horns or Klipsch K55 midrange?.

Originally, I became curious about this when I started reading about vintage 2" horns and drivers (Altec 288, JBL 375, etc). It looks like the EAW's a are a lot cheaper than these other 2" drivers. None of my vintage speakers uses 2" drivers, so my interest was piqued.

On my internet search for more info, it looked like the EAW CD5001 was directly comparable to a particular B&C horn driver. From what I have seen on the Volti audio site, B&C sounds like a good horn driver. Anybody heard anything about this?,
 
Register to hide this ad
Anybody have any experience with EAW horn drivers and horns, specifically the CD5001 driver? My Google search for them turned up a little, but not much. I know they were mainly PA equipment, but have found some such equipment to be quite musical. My frame of reference is Altec A7 VOTT, early Klipschorn and La Scalla, early University, and early Elctro-Voice. If you are familiar with these, you get the idea.

Does anyone familiar with them have an opinion how they compare to Altec Voice of the Theatre speakers, including the 802 drivers and 811 and 511 horns or Klipsch K55 midrange?.

Originally, I became curious about this when I started reading about vintage 2" horns and drivers (Altec 288, JBL 375, etc). It looks like the EAW's a are a lot cheaper than these other 2" drivers. None of my vintage speakers uses 2" drivers, so my interest was piqued.

On my internet search for more info, it looked like the EAW CD5001 was directly comparable to a particular B&C horn driver. From what I have seen on the Volti audio site, B&C sounds like a good horn driver. Anybody heard anything about this?,
I own a pair of EV DH1A’s with 9040 horns am getting ready to ad a pair of CD5001’s to them. The EV’s rolloff at 5k so I’m going to use the eaw’s For 5 to 20k. They should blast.
 
Back
Top Bottom