• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ebay & shipping question

Tinyelvis

domo arigato
I have a pair of speakers on eBay. This guy writes with a reasonalbe 'Best Offer'.... BUT, he has somewhat sketchy shipping circumstance.

This is the note back from the buyer I got. Mind you, this is after a couple of responses from me asking about a confirmed Paypal shipping address.

I will pay with PayPal. The account address is my confirmed California home address, however, I'm travelling most of the time. I will give you an alternative ship to address thru PayPal. Would this work for you?
Thank you very much!
Vincent Lin

What do you think I should do? If his address is confirmed through Paypal in CA, but all his stuff says Hong Kong on it.
I'm tempted to ship to CA with his confirmed addy, but anywhere else is not gonna happen.

thanks,

TinyE
 
Register to hide this ad
0100100100100000011001110111010101100101011100110111001100100000011011100110111100100000011011110110111001100101001000000110101101101110011011110111011101110011001000000111010001101000011001010010000001100001011011100111001101110111011001010111001000100001
 
Seems to me if you get paid and follow the buyers instructions you have done all you can do. Keep all your correspondence and if the guy is upset about anything he can complain to Paypal.
 
If you've got time, I'd email Paypal and ask them what potential problems might occur by shipping to an address other than the confirmed address.

If you don't have time, I'd probably tell the guy you're not going to be able to ship to any address other than the confirmed address.
 
49 20 73 75 72 65 20 77 6f 75 6c 64 6e 27 74 20 64 6f 20 69 74 2e 2e 2e 2e 20 49 20 77 6f 75 6c 64 20 73 74 61 74 65 20 49 20 6f 6e 6c 79 20 73 68 69 70 20 74 6f 20 74 68 65 20 63 6f 6e 66 69 72 6d 65 64 20 61 64 64 72 65 73 73 20 6f 66 66 20 74 68 65 20 61 63 63 6f 75 6e 74 2e 20 49 74 20 63 6f 75 6c 64 20 62 65 20 61 20 68 69 6a 61 63 6b 65 64 20 70 61 79 70 61 6c 2e

Or.. if you prefer base...

SSBzdXJlIHdvdWxkbid0IGRvIGl0Li4uLiBJIHdvdWxkIHN0YXRlIEkgb25seSBzaGlwIHRvIHRoZSBjb25maXJtZWQgYWRkcmVzcyBvZmYgdGhlIGFjY291bnQuIEl0IGNvdWxkIGJlIGEgaGlqYWNrZWQgcGF5cGFsLg==
 
49 20 73 75 72 65 20 77 6f 75 6c 64 6e 27 74 20 64 6f 20 69 74 2e 2e 2e 2e 20 49 20 77 6f 75 6c 64 20 73 74 61 74 65 20 49 20 6f 6e 6c 79 20 73 68 69 70 20 74 6f 20 74 68 65 20 63 6f 6e 66 69 72 6d 65 64 20 61 64 64 72 65 73 73 20 6f 66 66 20 74 68 65 20 61 63 63 6f 75 6e 74 2e 20 49 74 20 63 6f 75 6c 64 20 62 65 20 61 20 68 69 6a 61 63 6b 65 64 20 70 61 79 70 61 6c 2e

Or.. if you prefer base...

SSBzdXJlIHdvdWxkbid0IGRvIGl0Li4uLiBJIHdvdWxkIHN0YXRlIEkgb25seSBzaGlwIHRvIHRoZSBjb25maXJtZWQgYWRkcmVzcyBvZmYgdGhlIGFjY291bnQuIEl0IGNvdWxkIGJlIGEgaGlqYWNrZWQgcGF5cGFsLg==

I have to agree! I wouldn't do it either... to much risk. let them add the address to their paypal account... let them do the work. (I know this is way late... sorry)
 
To my understanding you're not protected under the PayPal payment protection plan. So worst case scenario...

* you ship to unconfirmed address
* he files a claim that you never shipped the speakers
* he wins the dispute and gets the money back
* he keeps the money and the speakers

I have all my purchases shipped to my work address for similar reasons. I travel and don't want the stuff to sit on my porch till I return. But I got my work address to be confirmed as well (easy to do) so I can't see why he would not do that.

I say, if you're worried, ship to his confirmed address and he'll deal with it.

or don't sell it to him and avoid the headache all together
 
To my understanding you're not protected under the PayPal payment protection plan. So worst case scenario...

* you ship to unconfirmed address
* he files a claim that you never shipped the speakers
* he wins the dispute and gets the money back
* he keeps the money and the speakers

I have all my purchases shipped to my work address for similar reasons. I travel and don't want the stuff to sit on my porch till I return. But I got my work address to be confirmed as well (easy to do) so I can't see why he would not do that.

I say, if you're worried, ship to his confirmed address and he'll deal with it.

or don't sell it to him and avoid the headache all together

I agree, he'll probably scam you with a charge back and you loose everything!! :nono:
 
The whole point about having a confirmed address is that a seller ships to that address and only that address.

Imagine a case of identity theft; that is Mr Scamster in Fraudland has hacked into your PayPal account and orders all kinds of stuff using your name and your money. Of course Mr Scamster wants to have all that stuff send to Fraudland, but if the sellers of the items do the right thing, they'll send it to your confirmed address only. For Mr Scamster that means he'll get nothing, and if everybody sticks to the rules, he'll probably go back to picking the pockets of unsuspecting tourists in the market square of his town.

In that way, confirmed addresses are a safeguard against identity theft. However, if Mr Scamster can talk sellers into shipping to his address in Fraudland instead of the confirmed address, the whole concept of having confirmed addresses becomes as useless as feathers on a fish.

Greetings

Frank
 
Back
Top Bottom