• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

eBay weirdness

stereofanboy

Addicted Member
Has anyone experienced this? When attempting to put an item in my cart, I get a message which states "You can't purchase this item because the seller is on vacation".

I feel certain that I've purchased from a seller while they were on vacation. In those cases it took longer for the item to ship, but I was able to make the purchase.
 
Register to hide this ad
I should mention that seventeen sellers are offering this item as a buy it now and all seventeen are on vacation.
 
Summer vacation just started for a lot of folks. It’s very odd that 17 sellers of the same item are all on vacation at the same time though…
 
Could be the same seller with 3, 5, 8 etc. different accounts? Check the items "location".
I think auctions are limited to one listing (maybe 2 if they pay ebay a spiff?) but BIN is not limited?

I enjoy some of these ebay question/issue threads as while I don't sell on there I do a decent job of buying. This thread is another opportunity for me (and maybe there's) to learn more about the nuances of ebay.
 
Eleven different states and one from another country. Two from New York city. Two that say "multiple locations". All others unique to their city.

One listing from earlier has disappeared. Two new ones were listed when I looked just now that I didn't see before. Both are on vacation. That's a total of eighteen sellers currently offering this item as a buy it now and all of them are on vacation.

All of these are buy it now listings. There are two or three auctions with bids, but I didn't check the name or location of the seller for those.
 
No. It is not an issue. There is a setting for seller to specify if buyer is allowed to buy or NOT to buy during vacation period.

http://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away

A seller can either
"select Allow item sales or Pause item sales while on time away"

If the seller choose Pause item sales, you get the message.


Has anyone experienced this? When attempting to put an item in my cart, I get a message which states "You can't purchase this item because the seller is on vacation".

I feel certain that I've purchased from a seller while they were on vacation. In those cases it took longer for the item to ship, but I was able to make the purchase.
 
.....
I feel certain that I've purchased from a seller while they were on vacation. In those cases it took longer for the item to ship, but I was able to make the purchase.

Back when I did ebay I ran into both. The ones that would take the order and ship later had notes all over saying it would be delayed. I'm guessing some people miss all those and then complain about the 'delay' so it was getting more common to get the 'can't take the order now' message.

Maybe the "Buy it Now" sellers all drop ship from the same supplier?

That is pretty common.
 
My guess is that something is wrong on your side. I bet someone else could purchase it. Take a close look at your account or call ebay customer support. As a potential buyer, you have access to them, although I couldn't for the life of you remember what I did to get an actual person. I have only ever been a buyer on ebay.
 
Just looked again.

Now there are twelve sellers offering this item as a buy it now. Of those twelve, seven are some of the same sellers who were offering it when I started this thread. Five are not.

All are on vacation.
 
Back
Top Bottom