• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EH Scott what's it really worth??

wildone

Learning as I go!
I just picked up a very nice EH Scott 800B, It is all origonal and in great shape. The man I got it from was the son of the store owner local that sold these back in the day, This was there personal unit. This one come with the FM upgrade and also has the remote that is corded and about 25', My cabint is just like the one in that posting.

Now my question? What is this really worth?

This one on the bay is in bad shape compared to mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-1947-Scott-Lab-AM-FM-Shortwave-Radio-Phonograph-/220584689693?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item335bdf401d

I know that this guy is crazy but he has had massive offers?

So I am lost as to what this 1947 EH Scott 800B is really worth?

Thanks
Scott
 
Register to hide this ad
The one on EBay has zero crazy offers, as it is not sold.

Most people do not buy a perfect 800B in order to sell it, but EBay will tell you in three days what it is worth. I would insure it for four bills.
 
???

$400

The FM converter by itself sold for $1,625. with 12 bids. I also have the very rare remote for this unit.

I have no idea what the remote is worth.

Scott
 
list it on ebay, when it sells you will know exactly what it is worth.

its value is whatever someone will pay you at the time you are selling it.
 
From checking completed listings (the first thing anyone should do there, IMHO), two of them sold on Ebay between September and October of this year... both for $250 each.

IMHO, that's a pretty strong indication of how much an un-upgraded unrestored one is worth, at the very least...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
From checking completed listings (the first thing anyone should do there, IMHO), two of them sold on Ebay between September and October of this year... both for $250 each.

IMHO, that's a pretty strong indication of how much an un-upgraded unrestored one is worth, at the very least...

Regards,
Gordon.

yeah but surely the "remote" with a 25' cord has to be worth at least $9,750. right?
 
Condition-Condition-Condition !!! If the cabinet's excellent, as is the chrome, & everything works, yeah $4-500 is about right. But you're dealing w/something that's 65 yrs old, it prolly needs some TLC, $250-400 might be more like it. Those old Scotts ARE primo pieces, however, & my 800B is an EXCELLENT performer...
 
You hadnt mentioned that you would be willing to part it out. If that is the case then I would see bumping a few hundred up. I have tried, very hard at that, to sell speakers in cabinets, consoles, etc. In my experience, noone wants the darn furniture, just whats inside. I sold a pair of 16 ohm EV Empires for close to 500 on ebay, with all the components clearly listed. A gentlman from newyork purchased them and came and got them. I saw just the crossovers sell two weeks later for just over $1200 (same buyer same crossovers). That was the last time I didnt part out speakers or consoles. In fact most of the old equipment is worth far more as parts. Its amazing but true. Ive got plenty more experiences like this also. Guitars and other instruments are just about the same, ive sold american strat necks alone for what others get for whole guitars. It may not be sensible but I assure you you will reap more benefits if parted. Speaker alone may be worth several hundred. As for the FM converter, ive searched and cant find any history of a stock FM converter for the 800. Do you have a link, id like to add it to my memory index of items to look for in piles of trash.
 
Hiya,

Well every 800B including the two I have here have FM stock. So I am mystified as to what this FM converter is ???

I looked at the original post the OP has at the tube forum and I think that is some sort of miss communication somewhere.

Agreed to parting it out making it worth more but seriously if you find the right collector its worth more all together as the Cabs are hard to find and that 10,000 800B has been up for sale for years at the site.

Frannie
 
MAYBE its an early 800B that has the "Old" FM band on it...Mine has the "modern" one, though, & mine was in some sort of blonde cabinet, which I didn't get. Seems like most of 'em I've seen are sold w/o cabs-Guess they're too big or something. Thought about having one made for mine, but the chrome on mine is GORGEOUS, & its impressive as all h3ll sittin' there gleaming, w/all those Tooobs a-glowin'...
 
Hiya Sandy,

I would post the tube forum post that Scott had on this but I don't think that is a good idea in D&S .. his goes all the way to 108 on the dial scale :)

Frannie
 
Back
Top Bottom