• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EIA code 227?

Sam Cogley

Last of the Time Lords
Subscriber
I have what appears to be a Jensen musical instrument speaker - specifically, a P12PS. That's a Jensen model number, and the basket and magnet bracket are the right style for a Jensen - but Jensen's EIA code was 220. Who the heck is 227, and why are they building Jensen drivers? I can't find a reference to that number anywhere.
 
Register to hide this ad
Upon further review, there is another six-digit number further around the rim - this time leading off with the proper "220" EIA code and a 1959 date code. I'm not sure what the 227 number is, but it doesn't seem to be important.
 
Back
Top Bottom