• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EICO 667 tube tester

The 667 isn't a bad tester, but you should be aware that the roll charts may not be up to date. There is a more current version on BAMA (google it) that should be checked first if the one in your machine isn't the current revision. I've not had any trouble from my 667, but I did replace the cap and the rectifier when I got it, and did whatever the calibration process was. I forget specifics but it was really simple. One other trick I've learned is that you want to set the line voltage with a tube plugged in, and if you're doing multiple different tube type, check it periodically to make sure it hasn't drifted. The voltage scale on the dial is pretty much worthless too, so don't go by it.
The EICO 667 is not an emission tester but a Dynamic Conductance tester using proportional AC voltage for testing grid, plate and screen supplies. It tests far more than simple emissions.
 
I was using my 667 today and forgot to turn it off. Two hours later I went to check some tubes and they tested much lower than they had recently. I’m trying to match some up and those I had marked at say 120 were maybe 110. Everything dropped 10 points. I let it cool down and everything still tested low. Some of these had just been in a box.
What’s s up?
 
try and flick the meter, it could be sticking.

Failing that, try line adjust and make sure it's adjusting properly

Additionally, operate all the switches to rule out an intermittent contact

if none of that you may need to open it up
 
Back
Top Bottom