shocley
Well-Known Member
It's a tube tuner with dual FM and AM scales. It's in pretty decent cosmetic condition, though one knob is chipped, and one or two are missing the mocha brown inserts. All except one of the tubes are "manufactured for Eico by Mullard"; the other is an RCA. All appear to work, though I don't have a tube tester to tell how well. I don't know the brand on the tubes used for the FM and AM tuning indicators. The AM ferrite rod antenna holder was broken, so I remounted it on a piece of lucite. I've also replaced the power supply capacitors and some coupling caps.
The tuner tunes in FM stations reasonably well; AM I don't know about, there's a lot of noise on the AM band, and only one reasonably nearby and powerful AM station, which I haven't been able to tune in. Even with my solid state receiver, there's lots of noise on AM, but I can tune in one station sort of well...though it's pretty obvious that AM is not a hi-fi medium.
The tuner tunes in FM stations reasonably well; AM I don't know about, there's a lot of noise on the AM band, and only one reasonably nearby and powerful AM station, which I haven't been able to tune in. Even with my solid state receiver, there's lots of noise on AM, but I can tune in one station sort of well...though it's pretty obvious that AM is not a hi-fi medium.