I recently acquired an Eico ST-97 kit, unassembled. I have not yet had time to do a full inventory, but it appears to be complete, including documentation.
Since I first read Jim Showker’s (Trnsfmr - RIP) “FM Follies” (2016, I think..?) and related posts here on AK, I’ve wanted to hear an ST-97 for myself. Initially I bought a barely working 97 (that was further damaged in shipping) with the intention of restoring it with Jim’s upgrades. Life pulled me away from projects until recently and while searching for ST-97-related items, happened upon this kit. I’m guessing these don’t show up very often!
My intention is to document everything (including scanning all the manuals/diagrams/etc.), then assemble the kit, but with new caps and after getting the tubes tested. I’ll do my best to photograph and share the adventure along the way.
Since I first read Jim Showker’s (Trnsfmr - RIP) “FM Follies” (2016, I think..?) and related posts here on AK, I’ve wanted to hear an ST-97 for myself. Initially I bought a barely working 97 (that was further damaged in shipping) with the intention of restoring it with Jim’s upgrades. Life pulled me away from projects until recently and while searching for ST-97-related items, happened upon this kit. I’m guessing these don’t show up very often!
My intention is to document everything (including scanning all the manuals/diagrams/etc.), then assemble the kit, but with new caps and after getting the tubes tested. I’ll do my best to photograph and share the adventure along the way.