• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Elac or AudioTechnica

pirca

Member
I have an old turntable (Garrard ZERO 100 from 1971), with an ELAC D255-17 cartridge but, the needle (Stylus), is missing.

I have an AudioTechnica CN5625AL cartridge absolutly new (Without use).

:scratch2: Please folks, do you think that I must buy the Elac Needle or use the Audio Technica?

NeedleDoctor sells the Elac needle in US$ 40 plus US$ 12 to send to Chile. Total US$ 52.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Thanks, jason12
:scratch2: And...what do you think about the Audio Technica that I have?

I do not have it myself. However conical stylus - means pretty basic cartridge. Howard on this forum probably can shed more light on it.
 
I don't see a problem with the AT cartridge. Are you going to try it before you decide on buying the Elac stylus?
 
I would suggest using the Audio Technica if it's a basic lower-end model; it should work ok in the Z-100.

But more importantly, don't throw out the Elac because in another year when your turntable has its 40th birthday, you may realize that it would be so much cooler to be using a 40-year-old cartridge, too.
 
Back
Top Bottom