• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Elac Stroboscope Lamp

sonavor

Active Member
I recently aquired an Elac Miracord 770H. It looks like it is in fairly good shape. The platter rotates at different speeds but the stroboscope lamp doesn't illuminate (at least not bright enough). Unbolting the strobe assembly and plugging the turntable in I can see a faint glow. I suppose there could be a problem with the strobe circuit but I would think the strobe lamp is probably a likely suspect. The service manual designates it G1: 75.840016HL, 130-185 Vac. Does anyone know where to get a replacement lamp or suitable replacement?

Here is a picture of the stroboscope lamp assembly in the 770H -

stroboscope_assembly.jpg


-sonavor
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Yes, I ended up buying a new strobe light assembly from this gentleman on Ebay

I used his light assembly instead of the original Elac strobe. He used a 7.5k ohm resistor in his build so the lamp would illuminate a little brighter. If you buy one from him you should remind him that I bought one and used it successfully on an Elac turntable.

Let me know how it turns out.

-sonavor
 
Back
Top Bottom