Dan Schafer
Danny in Cleveland
Hi All
I have an Electro-Voice model EV-44 integrated amp I started to look over for restoration. I was wondering about the output transistors. There is absolutely no markings on them at all. The number on the schematic is 40050-345. 40050 (w/o the -345) crosses to an NTE 104 Germanium. All the other transistors in the amp are 2N3391 which are silicone. Were germanium & silicone transistors mixed in amp units in the past? I think it is from the mid or late 1960's.
Thanks in advance for anyone's 2 centz.
I have an Electro-Voice model EV-44 integrated amp I started to look over for restoration. I was wondering about the output transistors. There is absolutely no markings on them at all. The number on the schematic is 40050-345. 40050 (w/o the -345) crosses to an NTE 104 Germanium. All the other transistors in the amp are 2N3391 which are silicone. Were germanium & silicone transistors mixed in amp units in the past? I think it is from the mid or late 1960's.
Thanks in advance for anyone's 2 centz.