• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Electro Voice Regency cabinets found in good shape

This was by far my best speaker find ever, I try not to spend a lot on my speaker picks. I have had DCM timeframes, and time windows, Bose 901’s, tannoy lgm’s, etc…. All of which were good speakers but after a while I got bored of them and these are hopefully my end game speakers. I think speaker designs in the 50’s and 60’s were so interesting I hate the mainstream speaker designs of today.
 
This was by far my best speaker find ever, I try not to spend a lot on my speaker picks. I have had DCM timeframes, and time windows, Bose 901’s, tannoy lgm’s, etc…. All of which were good speakers but after a while I got bored of them and these are hopefully my end game speakers. I think speaker designs in the 50’s and 60’s were so interesting I hate the mainstream speaker designs of today.

I hate you.

:biggrin:
 
Lol I will be honest I always read about other people picking up mystery speakers for next to nothing and pulling Altecs, tannoy’s, or some variation and now I am one of the lucky ones!
 
This was by far my best speaker find ever, I try not to spend a lot on my speaker picks. I have had DCM timeframes, and time windows, Bose 901’s, tannoy lgm’s, etc…. All of which were good speakers but after a while I got bored of them and these are hopefully my end game speakers. I think speaker designs in the 50’s and 60’s were so interesting I hate the mainstream speaker designs of today.

End game speakers??? Unless you plan on dying tomorrow, I sincerely doubt it. There’s always some new adventure around the corner, that’s what makes this hobby so exciting.

Biggles
 
I really appreciate that! But I am located in PA and I am excited to get the regency’s redone ( I know they don’t have the recommended internal volume ) but honestly they shake my house lol and I like their “compact” size! Btw I did have a set of Tannoy LGM’s and these are way more exciting to listen to, don’t get me wrong the Tannoy’s were nice but a little boring.

Hey just curious are you on the East or west side of Pa?

I am right on the Pa/ohio border, not many guys into audio around me it seems.
 
I live near Uniontown pa, it does feel like there are not of vintage audio folks around here either, I met one guy near me that I purchased my bogen rp60 from and he had some beautiful stuff in his home and another guy who purchased some electrovoice speakers from me but if you look at what’s for sale in my area it feels like a vintage hifi desert here lol
 
I live near Uniontown pa, it does feel like there are not of vintage audio folks around here either, I met one guy near me that I purchased my bogen rp60 from and he had some beautiful stuff in his home and another guy who purchased some electrovoice speakers from me but if you look at what’s for sale in my area it feels like a vintage hifi desert here lol

Yeah for sure!
What EV speakers were they? I used to own a few from the 60s, the EV6 and EV4 Model.

Wife is from your area, Carmicheals if you ever heard of it, halfway between Uniontown and Waynesburg right off route 21
 
Back
Top Bottom