• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Electro Voice/Stromberg Carlson chimera on Craigslist

dyche01

"Buy high. Sell low"
Subscriber
Hanging out in Baltimore this week and spotted this on the local Craigslist (no affiliation):

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/rca-cabinate-speaker/6468093608.html

Looks like a beautiful EV Aristocrat cabinet with a Stromberg-Carlson 15" coaxial driver. Perfect for a low-power mono system.

If I hadn't just bought an EV speaker from @drbiggles (and if I could find a way to get this one back to San Francisco) I would be all over it.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey man,

Get it, no hesitation. It's all about giving your ear something new to try, to see what you like and do not like. The Aristocrat's internal design was licensed from Paul Klipsch, it requires to be slammed up tight in a corner. The bass it delivers is far above what its size would implicate. They generally came with 12" drivers. I sorta remember 15's being shoe horned into 'em though. Stromberg Carlson drivers are no joke. My only concern is that if it does actually have a separate tweeter driver in the center, how easy is it to replace the capacitor in there? You could sell either EV cabinet and make more than your money back. There's got to be a way to get it back.

Biggles
 
Yeah, I really want the Stromberg Carlson driver to pair with my SC amp and tuner. I am leaving town tomorrow and I have no way to transport this speaker around Baltimore, much less ship it cross country. I am afraid that this will have to be "the one that got away."

Also, I just assumed that the driver was 15" based on the Regency. I am sure that you are right and that that SC driver is actually 12".
 
Cool speaker ! I bet it would sound good in that cab

It amazes me that right on the front of the speaker it says “The Aristocrat “ “ Electro Voice” and the sellers title says RCA speaker carbinate, RCA ? And what the hell is a cabinate!:rflmao:
 
Cool speaker ! I bet it would sound good in that cab

It amazes me that right on the front of the speaker it says “The Aristocrat “ “ Electro Voice” and the sellers title says RCA speaker carbinate, RCA ? And what the hell is a cabinate!:rflmao:

That may be why nobody has bought it yet. I almost didn't click the link.
 
Nice! I have never heard of Olson S 785 drivers. They have great-looking cast baskets. Are they any good?
 
Back
Top Bottom