rage
Well-Known Member
Electrovoice SP15
I've got some 15" 16 ohm electrovoice speakers I am trying to repair for a friend.
Both rub, one is open and the other reads around 12 ohm.
I am thinking of reconing both but am looking for suggestions? They are in good shape cosmetically.
On simplyspeakers.com I can't find a recone kit for the SP15. I can find EV recone kits at 8 ohm with the 2.5" voice coil (which I believe is correct).
Do I need specific recone kits, what happens when trying to convert to 8 ohm, any suggestions on where to get the recone kits?
Thanks guys! I'm sure my friend will be quite excited to have these working!
I've got some 15" 16 ohm electrovoice speakers I am trying to repair for a friend.
Both rub, one is open and the other reads around 12 ohm.
I am thinking of reconing both but am looking for suggestions? They are in good shape cosmetically.
On simplyspeakers.com I can't find a recone kit for the SP15. I can find EV recone kits at 8 ohm with the 2.5" voice coil (which I believe is correct).
Do I need specific recone kits, what happens when trying to convert to 8 ohm, any suggestions on where to get the recone kits?
Thanks guys! I'm sure my friend will be quite excited to have these working!
Last edited: