• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Electrovoice 15" driver ID

Thocom

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
i picked up a few of these recently but I am having trouble identifying them. I'm thinking they are LF and not full range?

Could they be EV LX15X?

Magnate print 815 0761 821
Print on one of the cones says: 71434
Another says: 71434 1004

I got them from a buddy that worked at a movie theater. This pair have been re-foamed by Phoenix Audio Service on 7/05/07 the rest of them need a refoam.

What do I have here? I'm sure there are some EV experts here. I appreciate anything you can tell me.

My buddy wants to use one for a guitar cabinet and I told him I will try to find out if it's suitable.

Thanks again,
TC
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 38
Register to hide this ad
i picked up a few of these recently but I am having trouble identifying them. I'm thinking they are LF and not full range?

Could they be EV LX15X?

Magnate print 815 0761 821
Print on one of the cones says: 71434
Another says: 71434 1004

The 71434 is the cone part number. Each of the other parts—spider, voice coil, dust cap, etc.—has a part number like this one. Probably not a useful number.

The E-V number that matters is "815-0761". The "15" part of that model number means 15 inch, the 0761 is the model.

E-V made a pile of these 15" drivers, and my knowledge of them is very limited. I believe, however, that you have a more modern speaker than the LX15X, specifically the DL15W. Best grab the datasheet and compare with what you have.
 
Thanks for your input. Upon further research, it appears you are correct. I have seen other drivers that look very similar and they are refered to as DL15W.
Anyone know if that is a straight LF driver? BTW, they all read 5.9-6.0 ohms on a meter, so they are 8 ohm speakers. I am going to stick one into my JBL C38 cabinet just for fun.


Thanks again!
TC
 
Thanks for your input. Upon further research, it appears you are correct. I have seen other drivers that look very similar and they are refered to as DL15W.
Anyone know if that is a straight LF driver? BTW, they all read 5.9-6.0 ohms on a meter, so they are 8 ohm speakers. I am going to stick one into my JBL C38 cabinet just for fun.

Datasheet: www.electrovoice.com/downloadfile.php?i=971752

Low-Frequency driver, 20 to 2,800 Hz. The datasheet has the full specs and T-S characteristics.
 
Above info is correct- the one thing I could add, is that looking at the pictures, it looks like those drivers may have been reconed, not just refoamed. The glue holding on the dust cap is shinier than what I normally see on a factory EV assembly job- but it's about the same as the most common type of cyanoacrylate glue used by reconers.

Of course, they may have replaced the dust caps while refoaming- but most pro reconers don't have to remove the dust caps...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Above info is correct- the one thing I could add, is that looking at the pictures, it looks like those drivers may have been reconed, not just refoamed. The glue holding on the dust cap is shinier than what I normally see on a factory EV assembly job- but it's about the same as the most common type of cyanoacrylate glue used by reconers.

Of course, they may have replaced the dust caps while refoaming- but most pro reconers don't have to remove the dust caps...

Regards,
Gordon.

Yes, these two were re-foamed by Pheonix audio services in 07. (It says it on the inner cone) The other 10 I have are original but they need to be refoamed.
A couple of them have an accordion type surround though..
 
Back
Top Bottom