• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Electrovoice Interface D's

I have a pair of Electrovoice Interface D's, and since I first acquired them they have ruined my listening experience for most other speakers. These things are incredible! They will play any genre. I feel fortunate that my wife is ok with these monsters in my living room. Any other EV D lovers out there? Btw, I am new to the forum. Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I wish I had a set! Congrats on acquiring a pair! :-) Did the bottom-firing woofers require any maintainance? I have the sound reinforcement version using the same great VMR and ST-350, but a stiff cloth surround conventional bass woofer. What do you power them with? There are plenty of EV lovers on here!
 
The woofers have been refoamed, not long before I got them and they are breaking in nicely. They were basically a one owner. Right now the power amp is a BGW 250D with a sony ES pre (for HT use). I have also hooked up a couple of different tube amps (an old HK festival that I own and a friend's kora) and they sound good with just about anything. When I have played them for people they never guess that they have a horn, they are just so smooth! I will take pics when I am home and post them.
 
I went from Pioneer Project 80s ($60 pr. 8" 2way) to the smallest of that EV line... the Interface 1 Series II ($217pr 8" 2 way)

I bought a Yamaha CR-640 (1980) and of course then justified needing better speakers than the Pioneers. My disease was now in its infancy. Those Evs were a big step up from the Pioneers when mated with my new 40 watt/ch receiver. Very punchy bass from those little 8" woofers. They are only a few pieces of original gear I have left from my senior year in high school. Glad I still have them.
 
Here are a couple of pics.
egyhada7.jpg
a4yhy2ar.jpg
ydy7ytet.jpg
6ena5adu.jpg
 
Interface C II's here. I seriously considered a set of D's that became available a few hundred miles away but I had just bought Infinity QLS-1's and was distracted watching the heavens part.
 
I just scored a pair of Sentry III's. I had been using a pair of Klipsch Belles in a two channel system and I have to say the Sentry's blow them away.

I grew up listening to a pair of EV Aristocrats with a Heathkit amp:thmbsp:. The Electro voice world headquarters was in Buchanan Michigan, 20 miles from my home.

EV always built top quality equipment. :yes:
 
My D's replaced some KG4s. MAJOR upgrade! I am going to order some replacement foam to go along the bottom of the speakers so they look more original. Another member told me where to order it and what to order. What great speakers! I was lucky enough to have them offered to me by a friend for a VERY good price as he bought another perfect pair.
 
I just scored a pair of Sentry III's. I had been using a pair of Klipsch Belles in a two channel system and I have to say the Sentry's blow them away.

I grew up listening to a pair of EV Aristocrats with a Heathkit amp:thmbsp:. The Electro voice world headquarters was in Buchanan Michigan, 20 miles from my home.

EV always built top quality equipment. :yes:

You are a lucky man! I love the look of the Sentry WII. The Klipsch horns sound grainy to me compared to the VMR and ST-350 combo on my Sentry IV. I would love to hear some IIIs :thumbup:

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2
 
Back
Top Bottom