• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Eminence or ESS replacement driver?

satterberg

Active Member
10" replacement btw...


Eminence are cheaper but will they sound as good? I am rebuilding a set of CS-1's and they sound pretty darn good with the ridiculous replacement's that came with them. Have recapped them and the cabs are solid and will finish up the "finish" on the cabs today.

I can get the Eminence for round 80 and the ESS for round 140...

Anyone here use the Eminence replacements?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Eminence are cheaper but will they sound as good? I am rebuilding a set of CS-1's and they sound pretty darn good with the ridiculous replacement's that came with them. Have recapped them and the cabs are solid and will finish up the "finish" on the cabs today.

I can get the Eminence for round 80 and the ESS for round 140...

Anyone here use the Eminence replacements?

I have a pair of the Eminence 1040-SF new that I haven't installed yet on my AMT-1's. another AK-er would probably know what to say (AutoMojo).

About the time I bout the 1040's, another pair of ESS came up on Craigslist. They were the AMT monitors with the 12"woofer. The 1040's have a reputation of being a good replacement for the ESS that have 10" woofers.
 
I have a pair of the Eminence 1040-SF new that I haven't installed yet on my AMT-1's. another AK-er would probably know what to say (AutoMojo).

About the time I bout the 1040's, another pair of ESS came up on Craigslist. They were the AMT monitors with the 12"woofer. The 1040's have a reputation of being a good replacement for the ESS that have 10" woofers.

Thanks... The CS-1 has the smaller AMT but sound pretty good.
Now I REALLY want the big AMT's but don't have the money at the moment... replacing a panel on a Martin Logan that is 1 year out of warranty is p*&&ing me off. :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom