• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Empire 108 stylus

r_deming

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Got an empire 108 cart that came with a 208 I just picked up. Is there a good quality replacement stylus out there? All I have found are some aftermarket stylus on eBay, but I’m not sure about the quality on any of them.
Is it worth finding an nos stylus? Any input or opinion is appreciated
 
Register to hide this ad
I was a bidder on those ones, couldnt bring myself to bid more than $80 for one, like I said I don’t know enough about the cart to REALLY want to spend too much
 
I sold a 108 a year ago. Having bought after market styli for a 999 and a 2000 I now wish i had kept it. The after market ones are pretty good. If you want to play it safe go to voice of music. Anything he has will be safe.
 
After looking over the voice of music website I'm not sure he has what you need. In any case pfanstiehl makes servicable styli if you just want to get it running. They arent always great but they wont harm your records in my experience. Actually I have an m91 with a pfanstiehl 3 by 7 that sounds awsome.
 
Got it all setup and playing...anyone have experience with this cart/table? Tracking force recommended 2.5-5 g. Feels like there needs to be some experimenting with how much tf is used, and maybe needs a little break in.
Something about the look of the arm/cart together that feels right.
Anyway if anyone has recommendations for tracking force that worked for them I would love to hear your opinions
 
Back
Top Bottom