• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Empire 398....? Is this worth looking at?

I don't know what a b/n cart is. I really appreciate the offer in case I do need one.
The '598 "sled" is what you mount the cartridge to and install in the head shell via the screw.. I bought 3ea. new 'sleds' and have a spare. pretty much hens teeth last time I looked, about as rare as our orig. TT's fully intact.
jeff
 
Such a beautiful machine. Yours looks to be in excellent condition. Is the top deck a machined aluminum? Appears to be, it looks quite heavy. There was a happy ending to me snapping the cantilever off my 110. I sent it to Joseph of cartridge_retipping-5 (ebay) groove tickler(instagram). When I bought the 110 it was $225. Now they're $400. For less than a replacement I got a substantially upgraded cart. Great person to deal with.

That's good news!
Yeah, machined aluminum, as far as I can tell. It's pretty heavy. The gold finish tends to wear off, so don't be alarmed if you see that. Probably easy enough to strip it and start from scratch, but you'd lose the inked text.
 
The 398 is a great turntable. Found this a couple years ago buried away in a cabinet. It has the gold finish which has held up very well. I replaced the belt, but still need to replace the rubber grommets. It had a cheap Audio Technica cartridge with broken stylus, so put an Empire 2000III on it. It runs quiet. Only thing i wish it had was a tonearm lift. My hands arent as steady as they used to be.FB_IMG_1643554098210.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom