• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Empire 598 III Troubador

energyandair

Active Member
Here are some pictures of the Empire 598 III Troubador I just bought.

It came with an Empire 2000 E/III cartridge which has a black Empire stylus that I have not yet identified

It sounds good just as it is and I suspect it will be very good after I change the belt, sort out the suspension and possibly change the cartridge.

David
 

Attachments

  • Empire 598III.JPG
    Empire 598III.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Empire 990 arm.JPG
    Empire 990 arm.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 213
  • vintage stack.JPG
    vintage stack.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I tried to add 2 extra photos by editing the original post and by a separate post but I got "upload errors"

Anyone have any suggestion as to why that might be?

David
 
Holy shades of my late teens...my dad had one and I spun much rock music under the B&O SP-12 cart and into the McIntosh/Khorn "Deathstar" system:music: .
 
Absolutely stunning TT.........I have the 598 II and just love it. Unfortunately, the cable has become intermittent and one of these days I'll have to go in there and check it out. AFAIK the original cable is unobtanium, but there is a guy on eBay that makes them and lists them occasionally.
I also replaced the plexiglass top and front piece with real glass......much easier to clean and no swirls, scratches or haziness.
Enjoy.......you have a GREAT table there. :D
 
joelongwood said:
Absolutely stunning TT.........I have the 598 II and just love it. Unfortunately, the cable has become intermittent and one of these days I'll have to go in there and check it out. AFAIK the original cable is unobtanium, but there is a guy on eBay that makes them and lists them occasionally.
I also replaced the plexiglass top and front piece with real glass......much easier to clean and no swirls, scratches or haziness.
Enjoy.......you have a GREAT table there. :D
My cable seems OK but I haven't checked its capacitance and the RCAs are not quite what we see on high end stuff these days. I will keep my eyes open for options.

The plexiglass on mine is in pretty good shape but glass would be nice. I was wondering if the weight of the glass might be a bit of a problem.

David
 
energyandair said:
My cable seems OK but I haven't checked its capacitance and the RCAs are not quite what we see on high end stuff these days. I will keep my eyes open for options.

The plexiglass on mine is in pretty good shape but glass would be nice. I was wondering if the weight of the glass might be a bit of a problem.

David
The glass definitely added some weght, but it hasn't been a problem. It just has to be let down gently. It stays up just fine. My glass is clear, but I toyed with the idea of a greenish or brown tint. However, I decided I wanted to be able to see that beautiful TT in all its glory. The major advantage to glass is purely cosmetic, because when you Windex it......man, it shines! :banana:
 
Beautiful setup you have there! I like the shelf unit and how the Empire wood matches it so well. Very nice looking TT!
 
Beautiful Empire and nice rack and equipment. I have the same Sony TA-2000 premap and am very pleased with it. Its a real sleaper and built like a tank. Nice tuner and amp setup too! :thmbsp:
 
joelongwood said:
The glass definitely added some weght, but it hasn't been a problem. It just has to be let down gently. It stays up just fine. My glass is clear, but I toyed with the idea of a greenish or brown tint. However, I decided I wanted to be able to see that beautiful TT in all its glory. The major advantage to glass is purely cosmetic, because when you Windex it......man, it shines! :banana:


FWIW the 698 came with glass.
 
Back
Top Bottom