• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Empire SML444 Cartridge

JamVal

Addicted Member
My wife pointed out a Realistic Lab 395 Direct Drive TT at Goodwill today. One look and yuk! No Dust Cover, No Platter Mat, No Feet, No Counter Weight, No Arm Rest, covered in spider webs and dead insects. Why do people donate stuff like this? The answer is so people like me will look at the cartridge.

Empire SLM444. For the price, I figured worse case is buy a new stylus and see what it sounds like. Got it home and the stylus looked good. Put it on a working Sanyo Plus Q25 TT, and I am pleasantly impressed.

Can't find much information except for some specs on VE.
Sorry for the dirt, I haven't cleaned it up yet.
aEMPIREslm444.JPG
Anyone familiar with this one?
 
Register to hide this ad
I picked up a NOS last year. There is info on the forum. The more I listen to it, the more I like it ! Crystal clear highs and tight bass. I would compare it to my Shure M91ED with the HITRACK stylus. Its a keeper and works well with all my LM and ULM arms. It is a nice alternative to Ortofon OM's.
 
Back
Top Bottom