• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Empire TT, Akron/Canton Craigslist

Register to hide this ad
Somebody in Akron/Canton go get this...like, right now. I grew up there and can assure you that these aren't falling off trees around there. That is an amazing deal.
 
I don't really know anything about Empire turntables, but this looks like it could be a pretty nice piece.

I need another turntable like I need a hole in the head, so I'm just posting as an FYI in case somebody would find it interesting.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ele/1846490812.html

(No affiliation.)

You're in rubber city..that's AKRON...you need this. I bet you will never see another Empire 498 in Akron again, and definitely not at that price.
 
The listing is still there. So you guys that know it's gone must have given it a shot. I assume in the past few hours the seller has come to realize he may have underpriced it just a wee bit.
 
Oh, if only Akron weren't a l-e-e-e-t-l-e bit too far away from Hong Kong! :tears:

The Empire is one of the very few vintage TTs I'd still like to get an example of, for my collection. (Based purely on very idiosyncratic preferences, not on any scientific or historic basis. I just like certain "iconic" TTs that appeal to me... and that is one of them!)
 
Oh, if only Akron weren't a l-e-e-e-t-l-e bit too far away from Hong Kong! :tears:

The Empire is one of the very few vintage TTs I'd still like to get an example of, for my collection. (Based purely on very idiosyncratic preferences, not on any scientific or historic basis. I just like certain "iconic" TTs that appeal to me... and that is one of them!)

My 208 is the first thing everybody comments on in my place, after my 26lb cat.

"That is a HUGE cat...what is that cool OLD turntable?"
 
Back
Top Bottom