efrance45
Active Member
First try at posting something for advice! Last weekend I picked up a pair of Energy Connoisseur C8s in what I'd like to think as "okay" shape. The repairs needed will include (list I've just started, feel free to add more suggestions!) a new woofer (one was definitely blown, the guy told me that when buying and pushing on the driver I could feel it), glueing up the cabinets and vise-ing them together, caulking the insides of suspect edges to make sure they are airtight. For the glueing, some edges appear that just pouring epoxy will work better, which I read about in a thread earlier this week, and some seem like they could be superglued and vised and then sealed with caulk.
I'm very new to the game and I decided that this would be a great project to get my toes wet in speaker repair! I picked them up for $40 for the pair at a garage sale after searching online and seeing some OEM woofers for sale for about 160 after shipping. I have zero experience repairing speakers, does this process seem like it would be okay? Open to all suggestions
Picture descriptions
1 - the functional cabinet of the pair, switched a working woofer into the less faulty cabinet to test how they sound, top woofer trim isn't installed
2 - bottom right corner separation in the functional cabinet, unsure of how to fix this part!!!
3 - small gap in the panels, seems to be okay though?
4 - the grills! Honestly really good shape, no nicks or holes or tears, just needs a good cleaning (suggestions for this?)
Other cabinet
5 - after removing blown woofer and prying front panel off because it was very loose and would need to be re-glued
6 - fill removed
7 - looking at the cabinet, the bottom right corner is fully separated, would push back together except for the very outside edge (I think moisture changed the miter edge angle?)
8&9 - bottom damage, all scratched up from previous owner not having the feet. Also shows the outside edge separation as well for bottom right corner

My apologies for the length! I just wanted to be as thorough as possible so that I could learn as much as I could on how to repair these. Excited to hear some feedback! Current plan is to fix up and then sell them, in case that changes repair recommendations (I don't think it will!)
I'm very new to the game and I decided that this would be a great project to get my toes wet in speaker repair! I picked them up for $40 for the pair at a garage sale after searching online and seeing some OEM woofers for sale for about 160 after shipping. I have zero experience repairing speakers, does this process seem like it would be okay? Open to all suggestions
Picture descriptions
1 - the functional cabinet of the pair, switched a working woofer into the less faulty cabinet to test how they sound, top woofer trim isn't installed
2 - bottom right corner separation in the functional cabinet, unsure of how to fix this part!!!
3 - small gap in the panels, seems to be okay though?
4 - the grills! Honestly really good shape, no nicks or holes or tears, just needs a good cleaning (suggestions for this?)
Other cabinet
5 - after removing blown woofer and prying front panel off because it was very loose and would need to be re-glued
6 - fill removed
7 - looking at the cabinet, the bottom right corner is fully separated, would push back together except for the very outside edge (I think moisture changed the miter edge angle?)
8&9 - bottom damage, all scratched up from previous owner not having the feet. Also shows the outside edge separation as well for bottom right corner

My apologies for the length! I just wanted to be as thorough as possible so that I could learn as much as I could on how to repair these. Excited to hear some feedback! Current plan is to fix up and then sell them, in case that changes repair recommendations (I don't think it will!)