• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EPI/Genesis tweeters

Actually I have a pair of Genesis two-ways with tweeters that look like the OPs. They're buried pretty deep in the rubble downstairs, though, so no photo-op is looming :-(
 
Genesis 33 tweeters

Actually I have a pair of Genesis two-ways with tweeters that look like the OPs. They're buried pretty deep in the rubble downstairs, though, so no photo-op is looming :-(

OK, if I you have an interest in parting with the tweets from the two-ways you are hoarding in the basement consider that I've formally taken the bait. So, provided you are willing to go on an expedition to the netherlands of your humble residence, how much will it cost for me to get you to go fishing for them? :deal:
 
We don't do that on the forums. Check the forum rules if you have any doubt/question.

No, that wasn't my intent (but I will check and photograph when/if I get around to it).
 
Thanks

I'll take your word for it. No problem - I play by the rules.

I had a pair of the original two-way Genesis bookshelf speakers with the green foam woofs. They were very nice. I gave them to a friend many years ago after I bought the 2+'s. As a matter of fact, I called him to ask him if he still had them after I learned that a tweet in my 33 was gone. He tossed the two-ways a couple of years ago after the foam went out on them.

Oh well... Something will turn up if I keep at it.

Thanks for letting me know there is a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel...



We don't do that on the forums. Check the forum rules if you have any doubt/question.

No, that wasn't my intent (but I will check and photograph when/if I get around to it).
 
Here is what my Genesis 2's looked like in the old days before I got them from a friend. Original tweeters are long gone. Only difference is mine have the dark walnut finish.
 

Attachments

  • ModelII.jpg
    ModelII.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 60
This has me thinking, I wonder if I could replace a Burhoe inverted tweet with a Genesis or EPI, if they are so similar. I have a orphan Burhoe that I've been trying to replace the tweeter on to use as a center channel. No luck finding a Burhoe inverted tweeter, and no response from humanspeakers here either.
 
I too have had problems with Human Speakers. He has had two EPI tweeter cores for over a year and no response no tweeters and a project on hold for a long time. I have sent multiple e-mails with no reply. I had the UPS verification that he had signed for them...way back in 2006. :-(
 
Gentlemen,

I own a pair of Epicure Model 10 speakers. They have Radio Shack replacement woofers (I got them like that). Any ideas for a better replacement woofer more suited to this design? I'm curious!
 
Gentlemen,

I own a pair of Epicure Model 10 speakers. They have Radio Shack replacement woofers (I got them like that). Any ideas for a better replacement woofer more suited to this design? I'm curious!

Do everything you can to get the stock woofers back in those. They were specifically picked because of how they roll off naturally at the right point for the tweeter to roll in. It was a VERY successful pairing and one your not easily going to replicate with another woofer and get the real EPI sound.
 
Gentlemen,

I own a pair of Epicure Model 10 speakers. They have Radio Shack replacement woofers (I got them like that). Any ideas for a better replacement woofer more suited to this design? I'm curious!

Believe it or not, KFA888 knows what he's talking bout!:D

Go after some used ones on eBay. It's the best route to go.
 
Find stock woofers on e-bay, the only way to do justice to EPI is to use stock woofers, if they are shot have them reconed. I send mine to the Speaker Exchange in Tampa. They have been doing my reconing for decades and do excellent work and very fast turn-around time. If the voice coils are OK you can probably do this with a refoam kit.
 
Hi,

I'll see what I can find. I have owned previous EPI/Epicure speakers so I know how critical the interaction between woofer and tweeter are. Both complement each other in Winslow Burhoe's design.
 
The earliest Genesis with the green foam and red domed Masonite flanged tweeters used a parallel inductor with the tweeter, along with the 10uF capacitor in series, so at least one of the drivers were different-- or the voicing. What's up with that? So little mention of the tweeter inductor.
 
Last edited:
Well, if someone can revive this thread after nine years, I guess I can after three more. :)

I just fired up a pair of EPI M100's that I scored, and while searching for more info, this thread popped up. My pair seems to have exactly the tweeter compliment that the OP was asking about. For what it's worth, they both sound about the same to me.

EPI-02.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom