• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EPI T/E refoam hassle?

DonQuixote99

just give me some truth
Just scarfed up a pair of EPI T/E 70s at the thrift. Refoam needed. Looking for info, I ran across this old message:

For 5 bucks you got yourself a great deal. Just be aware that those T/E speakers are difficult to refoam because of the Lexan overlay glued to the paper cone.

Further the old thread sayeth not. So how does one manage this tricky Lexan stuff?
 
Register to hide this ad
I recently refoamed some T/E 100s. Not a big deal at all if you glue the new foams to the front of the cone. If you try to glue to the back, I've seen some pretty ugly results since the cones are transparent so you can see the glue etc.

Buy some supple 8" foams (I got mine from My Audio Addiction based on the type they recommended) and glue to the front. It was no more difficult than other refoams.

Good luck! They are a nice punchy, clean sounding speaker when you're done.
 
I've refoamed a few of these drivers. Really not difficult at all. You will have to, as mentioned before, attach the new foam to the front of the cone, but other than that it's straightforward. I got my surrounds from Rick Cobb and they worked well.
 
Back
Top Bottom