• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Erath speaker clip-kit

Boiler_81

Active Member
I have the opportunity to purchase a set of Erath speakers. From the little information on the net about these, I understand they used a feedback circuit which needed to be wired back to the amp for the best sound. Erath sold “clip-kits” for various amps to wire in the feedback circuitry.

If I do purchase these, I would like to hook up the feedback circuitry to either my Marantz 2235B or my 2238. Is there a resource to get schematics for the clip kits for various receivers or amps?
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi.

You are having the same problem that I am having. I have three sets of LWE speakers, and I only have clip-kit values for a Sansui 2000A.

I am sure there are other Acoustron LWE owners out there with clip-kit values for other amps and receivers, but as far as I know any amp produced after 1971 or '72 (I'm not sure when your unit was produced) was never tested, as the manufacturing plant burned down, and Louis Erath never was able to get things together again.

I am trying to find a clip-kit for a Sansui 5000 which I happened to inherit. It's a great receiver, but without the feedback, the LWEs have to be filtered through an Equalizer to try to "emulate" the clip-kit. It's not the same.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom