• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Esart e250 french amplifier.

anderslober

Yikes...not again!
Hi forum. Well built French amp from the late 60’s on the the bench. I cant find a scat/sm for the unit.

I need to determine the wattage of the ps resisitors. They are quite big/thick legged…..see picture. The blue resistor is a 3w. What do you guys think the brown resistor was? The brown original resistor measured 2.589k…..it should measure 2.2k. The other side brown resistor measures nicely at 2.21k.
IMG_3637.jpegIMG_3638.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
It's only 17pct off,
5 watt possibly, do you know what the voltage drop and likely current is, p=v * I. It can't be much more otherwise it would need to be physically bigger, 10w resistors are typically twice the length.
 
Last edited:
Yes….onky 17-18% of…(that is quite a bit in my opinion)....but, I think it may be affecting the input voltage to its amplifier card. The ‘good’ card has 32vdc input. The ‘bad’ (where this resistor comes from)card has 28.4vdc input. They should be equal, as this affects voltages down the line….
I dont have any big 2.2k 5w resistors…….probably should get some…
 
Back
Top Bottom